Just for fun if we could have input on what we would like to see in the new apex cf-18(if they are going to come out).Myself I would like to see a combo set offered as a stock option with a pro version in the scoring clubs and the regular head in the long clubs.Also would like to see a limited version in all black head and shaft.
@emanuelt2ef3 so what you're saying is you just want the same thing as they offered in the CF 16 because everything you said is what they had.
Personally for me I'd like them to keep with the same matte silver finish (no chrome) and make the heads just a tiny tiny bit bigger so they're Srixon Z565 in head size. Also I want max forgiveness on the toe.
1) ever so lslightly longer head length
2) incorporate the new tech into the head. say the weight displacement with the steel and tungsten, or the super thin face with the support such as in the BB models.
3) dont mess with the lofts.
4) dont mess with the offsets.
5) keep edges smooth and curved
6) put into the custom shop for paint fills, stampings and medallion changes
7) to keep the calaway logo going, more grips sch as the new align grip with the chevron .
8) EPIC hybrid shape for the APEX line
9) brushed finish in both the pro and regualr models
to name a few
Keep em exactly the same. Unlike pC98 I like the players size heads. There are tons of other options out there for max game improvement. The CF line , if you will , bridges the gap between players irons and game improvement. I believe that was the point of building them in the first place. That brushed nickel look is a keeper too. As Kenny said the Matte Black is pretty rockin too.
@RickM I didn't say I wanted gigantic heads, I just said a tiny bit bigger or more to the point longer like @jimm9fa7 said. I hit everything on the flipping toe so if they were even a millimeter or two bigger it would help.
Also not a fan of black iron heads...I wanted matte silver like they are now.
@PC98 I feel ya bud. No worries , I just was saying what I thought. It wasnt a dig bro , promise. My toe is worn out too , haha. The look and feel of CF 16's would be hard to make better , lets face it. As far as hitting it off the toe goes....I used to think I was too far off the ball but that wasnt the case. It was totally swing path. Its a tough problem to fix especially when I try to jump on it a little bit.
There is no way I want them bigger , the scoring irons could be smaller. I like the idea of a all black set including the shafts in a pro and regular combo just to set them apart from the regular offerings.Not trying to stir the pot just thought it would be fun to picture a new club