cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Alvaro Switched to O-Works, Odyssey Tour Domination Continues

Callaway Employee

Last weekend Alvaro Quiros won the Rocco Forte Open, his 7th career European Tour victory.  It had been a long time coming for Quiros, whose last win came in 2011.  The week before his win, Alvaro was searching for answers on the greens. Alvaro worked extensively with longtime Odyssey European Tour rep Seamus Sweeney to test several putters.  After rigorous testing, Alvaro put an O-Works 2-Ball with our Microhinge insert into play.

Check out the GIF below to see the immediate forward roll Alvaro is able to generate with his O-Works 2-Ball, the reason he made the change.

Alvaro's win was one of four Odyssey wins over the weekend, all with a 2-Ball. A non-staffer won his 28th Champions Tour event with a 2-Ball at the Regions Tradition. Odyssey also recorded wins at the Kansai Open (non-staffer with a White Hot RX 2-Ball) and the Chukyo TV Bridgestone Ladies Open (Momoko Ueda with a Versa 2-Ball).  These wins add to Odyssey's global Tour domination.  Check out the win map below marking all of Odyssey's 2017 worldwide tour wins.

Ody-Win-Map-.jpg

**Experience our Interactive Win Map** (Scroll over the icons to learn more about each win.)

12 Comments
College Recruit ⭐⭐

what made him pick the 2-ball over say the #7?

High School State Champion

@TonyToulonCG  Noticed that 2 non staffers won with O Works putters last week. Looks like non Callaway players are taking notice to the O Works putters.

I purchased an O Works #7 earlier this year and love the roll and feel I get. Definitely makes me feel more confident getting the ball to (or into) the hole...

College Recruit ⭐

College Recruit ⭐

Very cool story! Love that gif....some pics are worth 1,000 words but this gif is worth $187,000, right @TonyToulonCG? You can use that in marketing if you want. LOL

I wish I had access to an Odyssey tour rep to do rigorous testing with!

High School Varsity ⭐⭐

I'm hoping to add an O Works to my bag for Father's Day. That .gif says it all.

Callaway Employee

@DonJ Alvaro said he the 2-Ball simply rolled the ball better than the other models that were tested.

Callaway Employee

@tanker8754 Players are definetly starting to take notice and have begun gravitating towards our Microhingre insert. Great to hear yours is working well for you.  Keep knockin em in!

College Recruit ⭐⭐⭐

OOhh my, wish I had a tour rep spend half an hour with me to help me get my golf ball rolling so nicely! I drive for show but haven't got the putting for dough down yet! LOL

Callaway Employee

@ShaneWu I love that! This GIF so clearly shows the benefit of Microhinge. Spread the word! Thanks.

College Recruit ⭐⭐⭐

@TonyToulonCG- your putter are truly works of art and I would have a hard time, first of all affording one and if I did I think I would get it framed and hung on a wall. Seriously they are a thing of beauty!

Callaway Employee

@GeneMf961 Thank you Gene! 

High School State Champion

I've been using Oworks #1 tank for a few weeks and have never putted better. Ive been practicing with a dirty larry navigator and the combo has made 6' putts feel like 2'ers. I never thought I could putt this well but man does it feel good.